Monday, June 22, 2009

Thoughts on Marriage

The episode of Jon and Kate + 8 made me ponder marriage tonight. Actually I think about the importance of marriage alot. I always get so disappointed when people make the decision to separate and/or divorce. Basically I feel like they are saying their God isn't big enough to help them through these situations. Love is a choice. It's not always an easy choice but none the less it is a choice. I am so thankful that I have been able to learn from some amazing people the importance of choosing to love even when I don't feel like it. Think of it like eating right and going to the gym and/or working out. It isn't always the most fun, I don't always feel like it, and some times it out right hurts...........but I am better for it. My body thanks me and I can see results.

I love listening to couples stories of how they have overcome things and what their secrets are. It is such an encouragement to me. I really believe that you can be a product or your environment. If you are surrounded by people that are making the choice to divorce..........then we fall into the trap of complaining and actually considering divorce as an option. But if we surround ourselves with couples that we can look up to and learn from, we are all better off.

I just want to simi publically thank a few couples and individuals that have tought me so much about marriage and loving our spouses.

My parents, Lynn and David, Vince and Angela, Jim and Charlea, Jenny and Jeff, Matt and Angie, Ron and Debbie, Milton and Sue May, Mr. and Mrs. James, Blair, Becky and Charlie, Wendy and Forrest, Cheryl and Kerry, Betty Anne and David, Judy and Wayne, wow the list could go on and on.

At first I was going to put a discription but I decided not too. If you are curious about someone in particular ask and I will explain.

It's so important that we strive to be godly role models in our marriages. Afterall it's a reflection of the church.

I love my husband. He is such an honest, funny, talented, smart, passionate, caring, opinionated, loving individual! I miss him......but our time apart helps me put things in perspective. I am sure I don't tell him these things enouph.

2 comments:

creative gal said...

Beautiful! :o) I hope one day to have a husband. . .Please pray that a GODLY MATE will be placed in my life. :0) Hugs!! Hope to see you soon!

Unknown said...

Exie, Thank you for being such a good friend as well, just to let you know jeff and I have learned a few lessons from you as well. We love you guys so much. Thank you for being such great friends to us in the struggles we've had and in the good times as well.

Jenny